CAROL R. HARKINS
||Experienced Webmaster/Developer with background in programming and software support at Fortune 500 corporations in the communications, manufacturing and chemical industries. Enthusiastic self-starter, analytical and creative, with emphasis on system usability. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with users to quickly and efficiently develop applications that contribute to business objectives.
||MS Access, SQL Server
||Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Studio, Dreamweaver, HTML Transit
||Internet/Intranet, Windows NT/2000, IIS
||Windows XP, 2000, NT, 9x; DOS
|CYBERGNARUS LLC||1996 - present|
| Owner/Developer, www.CyberGnarus.com |
Design and create websites for small business and professional clients. Emphasis is on
usability within client's stated business objectives.
|VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC.||1995 - 2003|
| Webmaster/Developer, Intranet, Legal Department |
Managed and administered Microsoft IIS based web server. Assisted in founding Intranet web site.
Analyzed, designed, developed, launched and maintained ColdFusion database applications.
- Produced in-house web applications at significant cost savings over outsourcing
- Collaborated with intra- and inter-departmental clients to provide web applications
- Trained department members in use of Intranet/Internet
- Provided usability feedback to outside consultants, resulting in new version of their product
|SIEMENS CORPORATION||1980 - 1982|
|Software Specialist, Analytical X-ray Department, U.S. Division|
Modified and supported the software used to control Siemens' x-ray machines. Developed and supported software to
report results. Evaluated customer needs and revised the user interface.
- Added error-protection routines to the control software
- Provided customer training, documentation, and assistance in trouble-shooting
|E.I. duPONT de NEMOURS & COMPANY||1977 - 1980|
|Programmer/Analyst, Quality Control, Instrument Products Division|
Designed and wrote FORTRAN programs. Performed project planning, estimation and supervision.
Acted as user group liaison. Performed feasibility study on data collection, analysis and data
storage for additional projects.
- Led $200,000 project involving real-time data acquisition from production lines
- Developed 120-page user's Operating Manual
||MS, Information Systems, DREXEL UNIVERSITY, 1996
BA, Mathematics, UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE
||Webmaster Certificate, UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE, 2000
Microsoft Certified Professional - 9x, 1997